As part of the ConocoPhillips Canada Professional Learning in Environmental Education initiative, ACEE is helping Alberta teachers increase and enhance environmental education in their classrooms.
The following opportunities are available for teachers:
- A Menu of Professional Learning Opportunities for Teachers – book a presentation or workshop for your school or class. ACEE also shares this with the ATA’s Professional Development network to help spread the word about these opportunities for ATA professional development sessions.
- Provide input on Teacher Professional Learning Strategies to Increase and Enhance Environmental Education in Alberta Classrooms to help guide future environmental education teacher professional learning.
- Attend environmental education workshops at ATA Conventions and Specialist Conferences – the environmental education community is encouraged to offer sessions at these events. Watch for ACEE presentations at teacher conventions.
- Attend other environmental education conferences and webinars.
- Sign up for our Newsletter using the button on the right side of this page to receive updates or regular bulletins on what is new in environmental education in Alberta.
Our work is based on dialogues with teacher professional learning experts and the stated professional learning needs of teachers. Project lead for this initiative is ACEE’s Education Director, Kathy Worobec. She can be contacted at kathy’at’abcee.org.
Presentations and resources offered by the environmental education community. We will continue to update the Menu of Professional Learning Opportunities from the Encana Environmental Education Resource Centre. You can also use the Resource Centre to find resources for use in your classroom.
Join one of ACEE’s Communities of Practice – ACEE will be launching Communities of Practice (CoPs) in the fall of 2012. Join one of the topical CoPs of interest to you – learn from other topical professionals and enhance your teaching in this area. First two topics – Water Education and Energy and Climate Change Education.
Other Professional Development Opportunities. There are other professional development opportunities that may be of benefit for your school or school district.
Green Teacher’s free webinars – topics range from “Green Crafts” to “Water Stewardship”.
Global, Environmental and Outdoor Education Council – the GEOEC works to promote quality professional development for teachers in the area of global, environmental, and outdoor education.