The Encana Environmental Education Resource Centre lists workshops, field trips, movies, websites, posters, presentations – the list goes on! – that provide Albertans with the tools, skills, and knowledge to be stewards of our environment.
Are you a:
- Teacher? Find resources for your classroom by searching by grade and curriculum.
- Funder? Share information about your granting program with the community.
- NGO? Add your resources to the database, and network with other organizations that offer related programs to yours.
- Community leader? Find resources you can offer to your community.
- Sustainability Coordinator? Find presentations and tools for your program.
- Albertan? Find programs and services in your community.
Add Your Resources to the Database
Do you offer environmental education resources, products, services or funding? Would you like some support in getting the word out to your audiences? If you answered YES, consider adding your resources to the database.
Add your resources in THREE easy steps:
- Sign up and you will receive your temporary password.
- Sign in and add details about your organization.
- Add the resources you offer to the database.
The Encana Environmental Education Resource Centre is an on-line searchable database for teachers, communities, families and the general public. You can use it to…
- Get the word out on the services you provide. Your group can reach your audience in new ways, through an easily searchable on-line directory that would include your organizations and the resources you provide (e.g., programs, presentations, workshops, websites, information, funding programs etc.)
- Network with your peers. You can use this site to find, network with, and possibly partner with other organizations.
- Research funding opportunities. The corporations and Foundations that fund environmental education will also include their information in the database.
If you have any problems entering your resources into the database, please contact Christina by email, or phone 403-286-9485.
Is this relevant to your group?
Almost certainly. This site is NOT just for school programs. It is set up to describe programs and services for all audiences (e.g. adults, companies, families, youth groups, adults, and schools) and any organization or service. Businesses can describe their educational products; government agencies and NGO groups can describe their programs; funders can describe their funding opportunities; etc.
What can I enter as a resource?
An environmental education ‘resource’ can be anything you offer to support environmental education: you can describe programs, presentations, workshops, websites, information, videos, field trips, teacher activity guides, work books, etc.
Are there costs or other expectations for organizations posting information to this database?
The development and operation of this Environmental Education Resource Centre has been fully funded by Encana Corporation. While there are no fees to post information, an annual review of your data will be required, ensuring this database remains current and effective in providing high-quality information to users.