- three levels of government
- corporations and industry associations
- non-governmental organizations
- citizens of all ages.
Environmental education has many definitions, view two definitions that help direct us in our work.
Our work is guided by the following principles.
Alberta is a leader in environmental education, with citizens that are informed and motivated to live more sustainably, be responsible stewards of the environment, and help ensure future generations’ quality of life.
To work collaboratively to advance environmental education in Alberta.
These core values guide ACEE as it works to accomplish its vision and mission. ACEE will be…
- Strategic. ACEE will consult and engage practitioners in activities that support and complement efforts of other environmental education organizations in Alberta, and will develop strategic initiatives based on the community’s needs.
- Transparent. ACEE will be transparent and inclusive in its dealings with the EE community, making relevant policies, budgets, and other documents available to all.
- Inclusive. ACEE’s activities will be inclusive of all stakeholders and includes formal, non-formal, and informal education. ACEE board members will have a wide range of relevant competencies, and will be drawn from a diversity of groups within the environmental education community.
- Respectful. ACEE will work in a collegial manner to add value to the efforts of the environmental education community. ACEE will NOT duplicate, compete with, or attempt to represent others in the community.
The following roles reflect the implementation of the ACEE vision, mission and core values.
- Champion environmental education. ACEE will be a voice for the advancement of environmental education, speaking in support of the need for EE and its role in a changing society.
- Convene stakeholders. ACEE will convene the EE community, encouraging a variety of strategic conversations, liaisons, networking, actions, and synergistic collaborations between EE groups.
- Facilitate leadership. ACEE will help create, clarify, and coordinate leadership within the environmental education community.
- Build networks. ACEE will develop, encourage and support networks that facilitate the exchange of information and provide opportunities for collaboration within the Albertan EE community.
- Increase capacity. ACEE will develop partnerships and mechanisms to build capacity for, and help ensure, the continual improvement of environmental education groups.
- Connect the community. ACEE will work with all interested EE providers to promote EE resources, services, and events to the widest possible audience of Albertan educators; and connect Albertan environmental education efforts to relevant national and international networks, resources, and activities.